AFGS Membership Categories
Membership year runs from October 1st to September 30th.
Annual Membership Fees
Effective August 1, 2019
US – $40 Outside US – $50
All members of the same household are entitled to equal membership when Family Membership dues are paid. Household members are defined as Head of the Household, spouse, domestic partners, children, parents, and parents-in-law who reside in the same living quarters. One copy of each mailing will be sent to the Family Membership.
Annual Membership Fees (includes 2 family members):
US – $50 Outside US – $60 Each additional family member (beyond 2) – $10
An individual member will be given Life Membership status upon payment of the determined Life Membership fee. Upon the death of a life member, the membership will cease.
Lifetime Membership Fees:
US – $600 Outside US – $800
Open to schools, libraries, museums, historical and genealogical societies, research groups, etc. Institutional Members are not eligible to hold a seat on the board of Directors. Only one copy of each mailing will be sent to Institutional Members. One membership card will be issued to be used by a maximum of two people at a time. Institutional Membership will be limited to the use of the Research Library only. The membership card must be presented at the time of visit.
Annual Membership Fees:
US – $45 Outside US – $50
AFGS Membership Benefits
Members of the American-French Genealogical Society are eligible for the following benefits:
- Access to the Research Library, which is open every Monday, 11 am – 4 pm, every Tuesday, 1 pm to 9 pm, and Saturdays, 10 am to 4 pm. (Closed Saturdays during July)
- Right to attend the annual business meeting including election of the slate for board of directors. The meeting is held on a Saturday morning in October.
- Members have access to Je Me Souviens filled with resources for genealogists, member-submitted stories about their research and ancestors and much more on the members-only area on this web site.
- New members receive individual assistance and training from experienced and highly competent members.
- Members unable to conduct their own research can utilize the resources of the library through the Research Committee, a staff of experienced researchers available at low member rates.