REVISED AFGS MEMBERS-ONLY WEBSITE
What to expect:
This website is a work in progress and resources will be added periodically. Our new site will include:
- 600,000+ searchable obituaries from across the country and Canada.
- 128,000+ vital records of civil marriages from Massachusetts.
- Je Me Souviens – the first 27 issues are online and searchable by name and keywords. All 83 issues that have been published are available for reading on the website and will be added to the searchable database in the near future.
- Funeral Cards (this collection will be expanded as new cards are received from our members).
- Family Histories – the authors have given us permission to put them online.
To use this site, you must:
- Be a current member of AFGS.
- If you have already registered, you do not need to register again.
- If you have not registered for access to the Members-Only website, please go to our https://afgs.org/site/. To register, click on the words “One-time members only registration” under the blue Members-Only button.
- Complete the form with your full name, member number, and email address. You can then enter a user name and password of your choice.
- Your application for access to the Members-Only website is individually processed. You will have access after you receive a confirmation email that your membership has been verified.
- You will only have to register once to access to the Members-Only website. Please record your user name and password as you will need to enter it each time you log in.
- If your membership lapses, your access to the Members-Only website will be suspended.
- Notary records – an index of Canadian marriage contracts. Each listing will contain the bride and groom, notary and date it was written.
- Searchable database of Canadian marriages. Data will be entered in groups by surname i.e. Beaudry, Trembley, etc.
- Searchable database of headstone images from across New England, New York, Florida and Canada.
Please send us your ideas about resources you would find helpful and how to improve your Members-Only site. Contact us at email@example.com